Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Drums: Which company offers the best drums at cheapest price?

In my experience, I have found to like Mapex drums a lot. not only are they MUCH cheaper than most high end kits, they are original and have great hardware settings. I own a 7 piece Saturn Mapex kit which includes 5 toms (8" 10" 12" 14" 16") a snare (14" by 5.5") and a bass drum (22 by 18") and I cannot be any happier with it. The bass drum is strong and punchy (with a pillow) all the toms are wonderfully tuned and have amazing ranges (due to the new innovated wood, maple and walnut) and the snare is ok, but I would probably replace it if I had the money. This whole kit, including a black panther snare, cost my about $2400.00 which is not bad at all compared to brands like Tama in my opinion.

I would like to know if there is anyone out there who owns any kind of kit and why you think it might be better than other companies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont know much about playing the drums myself but i love live bands!1
Intersesting concept for a blog you have here.
Good work